(Our Common Future)
Sustainable development is a long-term framework for global economic development which aims to minimise and eliminate damaging environmental and ecological systems while maintaining a naturally sustainable rate of growth and social cohesion. In the report by the World Commission on Environment and Development titled “Our common future”, sustainable development is defined as “Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”.
In 2015, seventeen principles of sustainable development were determined by the United Nations. Emphasising “global cooperation” including the support from governments and countries to investors and private or national resources, so that they can fulfil the goals of sustainable development within 15 years.
In line with sustainable development principles, Standard Machine is dedicated to the management and efficient use of natural, financial and human resources so that the needs of both current and future generations can be met.
Standard Machine Corporate Social Responsibility
Standard Machine is a supporter of sustainable development and considers the implementation of corporate social responsibility principles to be a core foundation in its business strategies by implementing the following measures:
- Environmental social responsibility
By using substitution methods and lower fuel consumption, Standard Machine has prevented the emission of greenhouse gases. It has made every effort in reducing environmental pollutants, noise pollution, waste management, optimising energy consumption and the efficient use of natural resources in order to preserve the environment.
- Ethical social responsibility
Standard Machine has always pursued fair business practices and ethical and compassionate treatment of its employees, partners, and customers. Gender equality is core principle of Standard Machine where employees of all genders enjoy equal wages and benefits. Every effort has been made to create an environment where our employees can grow and flourish. We frequently offer training programmes to our employees and managers and seek experts from outside the organisation which can help grow various aspects of our organisation including best human resources management practices.
- Humanitarian social responsibility
Performing altruistic work and indirect participation in charitable activities
- Economic responsibility
This part of the responsibility is intertwined with the above. Standard Machine chooses to partner with other companies and organisations which also take pride in environmentally responsible practices even if this can sometimes result in higher financial costs.
Batching plants play a key role in construction projects; therefore, it is important to pay attention to and minimise their risks in the hope that this can result in the reduction of unnecessary incidents and accidents common in the industry.
The HSE certifications of the workshop are the first step in the execution of operations. Below are the safety steps in installation of batching plants:
- Construction of concrete foundation for the establishment of structure, silos and wall columns of the material depot
- Accurate execution of the metal frame
- Creating enough space in the steering room for the operator to move easily and to see easily while operating on the batching platform
- Placing signs in the right places to prevent accidental collision with the operator
- Appropriate protection of the steering panel keys
- Installation of the emergency power cut-off switch on the dashboard
- Using appropriate relays and fuses in the electrical system of the panel
- Sufficient lighting in the steering room for working at night
- Using ringed keys instead of raised keys on the dashboard
- Placement of a fire extinguisher, a first aid box and flashlights in the steering room
- Installation of a microswitch on the mixer, so that when the mixer lid is opened, the machine stops automatically.
- The presence of a suitable protection in the inlet of additives to concrete to prevent hands from entering the pot
- Strong and isolated screw connection to the silos and the entrance to the mixing pot to prevent cement dust from escaping
- Presence of safety protection in electric motors to prevent dust, water, etc. from entering
- Implementation of the foundation of silos. Ensuring the strength of the foundation and the alignment of the plates
- If necessary to increase the height of the base of the silos, in addition to choosing strong and durable bases, the following points should be observed:
- When welding large silos, due to the increased load on their bases, a rectifier or a diesel welding machine should be used to achieve uniform and strong welding.
- The base of the silos must be the same size and level with each other, and the bottom edge of each base must be completely even and smooth.
- The place where the silo bases are connected to the base plate should be reinforced with stiffener of the same size and perpendicular to each other to bear a uniform load.
- Before installing the silos, the protection guard should be installed for the top of the silos and to protect the back guardof the silo ladder.
- Avoid unnecessary crowding and gathering of personnel during the installation and establishment of silos and to announce the prohibition of traffic within the radius of the height of the silos.
- It is important to comply with all safety rules and regulations, including the rules related to carrying and moving heavy loads and using experienced personnel for installation.
- After installing the silos, a mapping camera should be used to ensure that they are level.
- Due to the importance of temperature in making concrete, it is suggested to choose a light colour for silos to reduce heat absorption and transfer.
- Installation of the stiffener arms behind the divider walls
- Use of welding with appropriate amperage in installing the stiffener arms behind the divider walls
- The entire batching plant system and structure must be connected to the earth wire
- All electric motors should have safety protection and the placement of the electric motor should be such that it is not exposed to dust.
- Avoid installing electric motors under water connections to avoid damage from leakage
- All cables and wiring of batching plant must be orderly and pass through the duct as per standard.
- Construction of a septic tank to divert batching plant effluent
- Compliance with all the necessary standards, including the installation of footrests, permitted slope, length, width, permitted height of each staircase and the paths of personnel
- Avoid unnecessary crowding in the batching platform and steering room
- It is strictly forbidden for all personnel to go on the aggregate depot.
- Preventing materials from being stored on the stairs and batching platform in such a way as to hinder movement.
- Refrain from eating, drinking, and smoking while working
- Use of personal protective equipment including work clothes, safety shoes, gloves, masks, and safety helmets
- After finishing the work and also during repairs, the safety protection of the control panel should be closed.
- When mixing materials, if you need to add an additive to the concrete through the valve installed on the pot, wear a mask and use the relevant gloves and measuring equipment, and do not open the pot door under any circumstances.
- If the screws are caught or stuck, avoid putting your hand in the screw valve
- After finishing work, be sure to turn off the power of the device before cleaning.
- If the wall of the stone material depot is made of boards and timber, avoid the loader from going over it.
- Before starting the machine, clean the steering room.
- While unloading cement, make sure that the there is enough room left in the silo to avoid overflow
- Do not stand under or around the water tanks when emptying ice in them
- Avoid splashing water on the steering room and the electric motor during cleaning.
- At the time of repairs and maintenance, while installing the “under repair” sign, cut off the power of the device completely and at the time of starting, ensure that people have been notified and are ready
- After the repairs, if you remove the safety guards in different parts, make sure to place them back.